Skip to main content

Hi,

We are having windows 7 machine(with SP1) on which we are trying to install stand-alone K2. We received a temporary key (developer license). While installing K2 using that key we are getting an error message saying “Unsupported license entered for Windows 7, a developer license is required for K2 Server installs”.

Regards,

Nanda

Hi Nanda,

On windows 7, only K2 clients components are available (K2 Studio and K2 For Visual Studio), you need a Windows server 2008 (at least) to install K2 server components.

and it's better to start installing K2 server components and then to "link" Client Components to your existing K2 server.

HTH

Hi Jan,

but as per the compatibility matrix K2 (4.6) server components(with developer license) can be installed on windows 7 with SP1.

http://help.k2.com/en/blackpearlmatrix.aspx

Thanks & Regards,

Nanda

This is speculation on my part but I noticed that you said you're using a temporary license key which isn't limited.  I wonder if the K2 installer is doing a check and since you're running Windows 7 its trying to enforce you to use a developer license.  If you've since received your official developer license maybe try that with the installer instead of the temporary key.

If that doesn't work I think you'll need to raise a support ticket with K2.

Hi timkn,

I have tried with official developer license also. I am getting the same alert. I have raised a support ticket for this.

Thanks,

Nanda

Ok.  If you have the chance please post back to the forum what the resolution ends up being.

Got the correct license key again from K2 licensing team.