Skip to main content

We are on an older version of BlackPearl which has been running solidly for years. However, in the past week it has significantly slowed dow. Forms that used to take 5-7 seconds to open now take 30 seconds. Even basic functions like the SharePoint web part Open Tasks web part which used to display very quickly are now taking 20 seconds. There has been no major change in our environment that we know of over the past several weeks.

We have checked the SQL server that K2 is using and all of the databases and they seem fine. Server and memory utilization are normal and nothing jumps out from the logs. I did see this error once in the server log:

2001 Error Starting Host Server: bind() Failed. Error code: 10048

Is there a checklist of some of the obvious things to check for when trying to improve performance or troubleshoot performance issues that anyone can point me to? Much appreciated.

Guy

Host Server bind() error usually occur when some other process on your server is using the same port as your K2 Host Server. If this is becoming a common issue, you can use the netstat command to check if there are any processes that are using the same ports as K2. 

As for your form loading issue, is your form loading a huge amount of records at one go? If that is the case, consider restricting the number of records that are being loaded when the form first initializes.

You can also check if you are accumulating too many HostServer logs. If your logs are eating too much space, consider removing them to some other backup storage. You can refer to this article and check if you have any other additional logging options being enabled. Turned them off to reduce additional overhead resulting from logging.

I have also heard of instances where your database logs can cause some issues if you just let it grow without any maintenance. There are some articles on the Internet on database log maintenance, that you can apply on all your databases (not just K2 database). You will have to check with your database admin on this. Do not attempt to perform this if you have no knowledge on this.