Skip to main content

Hi,

I've a K2 blackpearl process integrated with SharePoint 2007. The integration is over the edit of a SharePoint list item.

The K2 blackpearl process fires immediately as soon as an item is updated. This creates a K2 SharePoint XML field that can be used to extract information required for the integration such as the ID, Name, etc. of the list item.

Based on this information, we perform some custom actions. Infact, during edit of the listitem we update a workflowflag field which decides which path to choose. Before setting the value for workflowflag the listitem is updated a couple of times which also invokes the k2 process but does nothing. Before setting the workflow flag the value would be "0" and finally it is updated to 1,2 or 3.

The strange part is that sometimes it sets correclty and hence reads the workflowflag value and the process works fine. But, sometimes it still shows "0" which leads to a couple of errors in K2 Workspace.

"Specified argument was out of range of valid values". I found this out after debugging.

Sometimes the folio is not set and when I perform a GoTo Activity to the first activity of the process from K2 workspace, it works fine.

The question is how can I maintain this synchronization between K2 and sharepoint.

What I feel is when the workflow is invoked, it is too fast for K2 to read the values on the fly from the K2 SharePoint XML field. Do I have to set a timer delay at the first activity before K2 starts reading the values from the XML field.

I see the start activity in the wixard. A change to this may require re-deploy. Can this be achieved without me requiring to re-deploy the process again? 

Also is it possible to plug-in additional code for debugging purpose without deploying the process?

Your help is highly appreciated!!!!

Thanks & regards,

Phanibabu Kandala

Phanibabu,

Is the workflow creating process instances? Can you see them in the K2 workspace for the process (duplicate Folio Id's)?

Clint 

Yes, any changes you make to the process definition must be deployed to the server, and you will have to start a new process instance to run on the the process definition. You can use debugging to attach to the process, and that might be a good way to troubleshoot this problem.

Regards,

G