Skip to main content

Hi there,

Newbie question, I have a legency Java application that I want to integrate and start using K2, furthermore the Blackpearl installation exposes a few K2 web services, for example: ClientEventService and SharePointService.

More so my questions are:

1. Which web service and which method do I use to get a list of current work items for a given user?

2. Which web service and which method do I use to get the available actions for a particular activity. This will be used to build dynamic forms on my custom form?

Thanks for your help.

Justin

Hi Justin,

please have a look at this post: http://k2underground.com/blogs/comingsoon/archive/2011/01/17/k2-web-services-part-1.aspx.

I think you will find your answers :-)

HTH

Hi Jan, thanks for there reference article however the article doesn't really show what Im looking for. More so that article is centered around .Net, Im looking for an example on how an non-Microsoft framework like Java can consume the wsdl file(s) of the K2 web services, and then generate the necessary stubs and use these stubs to invoke the methods on the K2 web service. Susbequently this leads to my original post with my questions:

1) Which web service do I bind to? and 2) And which methods do I use to get the work list items and the actions for a specific process?

Hope I managed to clarify my question.