Skip to main content

Please help me compile a list of advantages of Blackpearl over K2.Net 2003.  We have slightly over 20 workflows written in 2003.  My boss has asked me to justify the cost of upgrading to Blackpearl, but all I can think of is the SAP interface.  I know there are more reasons, so I appreciate any input you can provide.

You can contact your regional offices and speak to the sales guys there. They should be able to give you the detail you need. If you dont know the regional offices number, please post your location and I will send you the correct regional offices details.

Vernon

You might want to try looking at this thread.  http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/32759.aspx

There are of course a ton of enhancements and tweaks moving from K2.net 2003 to K2 blackpearl.

Some key changes apart from the already mature process designer:

1. Platform is re-engineered on top of .NET 3.x and takes advantage of the .NET 3.x features such as WF and WPF.
  2. Platform ties in with and leverages on the capabilities of the next generation of Microsoft technologies like MOSS 2007, SQL 2008 and Windows 2008.  This is unlike the K2.net 2003 integration. e.g. The MOSS integration in K2.net 2003 is limited to the SharePoint 2003 level of functionality.
  3. Doing custom reports is easy as K2 reports in blackpearl is based on SSRS and there is a wizard driven report designer
  4. Concept of SmartObjects is a big change as SmartObjects provides a key data layer that makes it easy to access data in multiple places.  This also ties to the K2 connect product for SAP data integration.
  5. Multiples designers for different audiences (spectrum ranging from business users to technical IT folks).

There are also numerous other enhancements but I probably won't mentioned them here (to avoid feature dumping).  However, I would suggest contacting your local K2 representative for an update session to give your side a better understanding of the benefits of moving from K2.net 2003 to K2 blackpearl.

http://www.k2.com/en/displaycontent.aspx?ID=57