Skip to main content

Hello all,

I am trying to open a Nintex form in a dialog box (by going into list settings --> advance settings --> select open form in dialog box) when user clicks on edit button. I have a repeater section on my form and for its validation i am using a custom javascript button for validation using javascript and then if the repeater section's validation is passed, (upon js function returns true) I then call .click() event of OOTB save button using its class (e.g. NWF$('.saveBtnClass').click();). if i don't opt to open the form in dialog box (i.e. default setting), all goes well.But, if i try to open it in dialog box, validations are passed as expected, but upon calling .click() event of save button, form just vanishes immediately and no value is updated in list item.

Here are my custom javascript button settings on nintex form:

203660_pastedImage_129.png

Please guide what am i missing.

Thanks,

I faced the same issue when trying to save a form for a list having "Calendar" view set as default. In that view SharePoint is not respecting the "modal setting" and is always opening form in a modal window. Anyway - when I was trying to save a form in that modal window, Nintex was showing an error: "* Invalid URL value. A URL field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again."

I opened a ticket with Nintex Support, and after some time they wrote me back, that they very apologize, but currently Nintex Forms is not supporting opening forms for lists in "Calendar view", in a modal window. I see, this is not a problem only for a "Calendar view", but wider related to the modal window.

Anyway, as they suggested, I have opened a post on UserVoice: Support for Nintex Forms in list calendar view – Customer Feedback for Nintex , however they cannot any ETA on when this can be released.

I am not sure, but maybe this is your case too?

Regards,

Tomasz

‌ Thanks for your reply but i believe there should be some JS that i am missing to force the form to stay open and close after saving. i somehow, achieved it but in that case, repeater section was not getting validated sad.png and item was being saved even after false validation.