Skip to main content

Symptoms

Issues with SmartForms Integration: "Associated control could not be found" in K2 Designer for Visual Studio, and "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" on Form Submit.

I'm trying to integrate my first SmartForm with my first SmartForm workflow and I'm having issues :)

Issue 1:
Expanding the View in the object explorer generates "Associated control eb5589cf-ee67-cc54-2b80-d45b7e74cd0f could not be found."

Issue 2: If I carry on with the integration (that I think I'm doing right but I'm not sure), then I'm getting an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when I submit the form and it attempts to start the workflow. Or specifically when it attempts to create the SmartObject reference, it looks like. Videos attached.

•Type: System.NullReferenceException

•Source: SourceCode.Forms

•Method Base
◦Member Type: Method

◦Name: applyItemReferences

◦Module
◾️Scope Name: SourceCode.Forms.dll

◦Declaring Type
◾️Full Name: SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime

•Stack Trace:
at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.applyItemReferences(XPathNodeIterator itemRefIterator, XmlField itemRefField)

at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.StartProcess(String processXml)

at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.HandleWorkflowMethods(XmlNode brokerNode, XmlNode workflowNode)

at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.WorkXmlToApi(String xml)

at SourceCode.Forms.Runtime.AJAXCall.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

Diagnoses

This has been identified as known issue and fixed in 4.6.11 to by pass the deleted control and reference error and continue with the Forms Integration.

Resolution

The error can safely be ignored and continue with the integration. A TFS item has been placed and ticket linked to it. There is no actual fix for the messages but on this version we are able to continue with the Integration.

Be the first to reply!