Skip to main content

I have re-deployed a workflow by adding few data-fields which will be used in th workflow , But the problem I'm  facing is that there were few OLD Instance which were initiated with the old workflow , now when i continue the instance with new worklflow im getting error , that it cant find the data-fields,

Is there any Method that i can assign data field even to the old instances. Please help me out since the data field values are assign from the code , and since workflow has gone into Production ,I am not able to delete the old instance . So  is there any other way to assign new data field to the old instance .....

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Taher

If the instance is in error state you can retry them on the newer version of the process using the  K2 Process Management in Visual Studio.

HTH

Vernon

Vernon,

Problem is that there is no error in the K2 Workflow , error arises  from the form side while assigning values to data fields which are used in the new workflow , I wanted to know is there any way that old instances can  work with the new workflow .

I’m not sure as far as I know a new workflow is newer version and all instances will finish on the original version it was started on, so what you need to do is get the old instances on the latest version, I know this is possible if the instance is in error state, but with live instances I’m not so sure. I think you fasted and best bet would be to log a K2 Support ticket to investigate this.

HTH

Vernon