Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm having issues with Nintex Forms 2013. I have a repeated section that multiplies cost * quantity to a total cost for service field per row. I also have a total cost field outside the repeated section that sums the total cost for service in the repeated section using a Sum(TotalCostForService) formula. Both the total cost for service and total cost calculated fields are set to re-calculate on new/edit mode. The calculations are working perfectly in new mode and in view mode. The only issue I'm having is in edit mode, the total cost field outside the repeated section shows 0 on load and if I save it, that value gets saved to my list column. If I add or remove a row, the total cost on the bottom does re-calculate properly and gets saved properly.

Picture below showing the total cost is not updating properly in edit mode:

197442_pastedImage_2.png

Picture below showing correctly in view mode: 

197441_pastedImage_1.png

Any ideas?

does the vale recalculate if you just change some of existing values (so without adding/deleting row)?

do you by any chance populate figures from javascript?

do you have rules or appearance settings applied on controls?

check developer console whether there are not reported any errors.

try to place one another calculated value control on the form outside of RS and sets its formula simply to TotalCostForService. how does it evaluate?

Do you have the calculated field set to recaculate on Edit Mode?   Make sure it is set to yes in its configuration.

Yes, the field is set to recalculate. I think it's because my workplace is on a version older than 9.1.20. It appears that 9.1.20 has some fixes for edit mode so I'm going to get my server admins to upgrade and see if that fixes it.

Sounds like a plan.  There are some glitches that exist throughout the various versions when it comes to calculated fields.

Hey ‌ -- did updating your forms resolve the issue?

Yes, I had a look at the release notes and found that 9.1.20 had some fixes to some bugs regarding calculated fields and edit mode. Had to send in a support ticket to get that specific installer version as I didn't want to go all the way to latest.

Thanks,

Trevor