Skip to main content

Hi All,

We are attempting to start a  K2 Workflow/Process from SmartForm using one of the action rules which starts a workflow/process.  We have the workflow/process deployed on the K2 server.  We have configured the K2 SmartForm rule to use that workflow/process and configured the workflow rule accordingly.  Unfortunatley when the SmartForm rule is invoked, the workflow is not being started.  The rule is being reached from what we can tell, but the workflow is definitely not being started.

Any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreicated.

Most often this is caused by the user not having permissions to start the workflow. However you should get an error in the SmartForm in that case. You can view the permissions in the workspace site, and also look to see if the process actually started and errored, or did not start at all.

Thanks for the prompt response.  I actually was able to verify now that the workflow is indeed being triggered, but a new wierd behavior is occuring.  The smartform is now being closed after this rule is being reached (i.e. the SmartForm page is not staying open after invoking the workflow/process).

That is very strange. I suspect that some error is occurring, and its preventing the page from being fully displayed. I'd turn up the logging or run in debug mode and see if that turns up anything.

Hi Shaun2u

Please ensure that there is not a rule configured that is set to close the view, as this could be the cause.

Kind Regards

raymond