Skip to main content

Hi,

I am having an issue to setup exchange with K2 blackpearl.

We are using Exchange 2016 On-premise.

When I click Discover, it's not able to discover the URL. 

I am basically stuck at this step.

I would appreciate any help provided.

Thank you.

-Mehdi

Hello,

Based on K2's support matrix, there is no version that is compatible with Exchange Server 2016 as of yet (http://help.k2.com/blackpearl/support-matrix#Exchange) You may want to log a ticket to check with K2 Support as to when this will be supported and with which version.

I just wanted to add that Discover button has never worked for me, I always have to manually populate it ;)

Thank you for your answer.

We've tried with our Exchange 2013 and we get same result.

Even after putting the URL manually, we are not able to test it, it's still giving an error.

Thanks.

Well that's kinda what I was getting at. The Discover and Test have never worked for me, but my Exchange connection works just fine in actual workflows.

Have you tried the analyze thing for exchange? When I go to analyze it, I get a warning about running a command line on Exchange to give permission role, but even after running the commandline I still get that warning.

btw , email are not working in the workflow ;)

Yes, I get no errors on the config analysis.  Anyway I'm OK with the error, like I said it has always been this way. Since it works anyway we never worried about it.

Sorry to see that's not the case for you though.

Here is the message I get during analyzing if someone could help:

Standard - Exchange Integration Permissions
-------------------------------------------
Analysis Result: Warning.
The following rights are still required for Impersonation:
- RoleBased Access Control
Select Repair to attempt to grant these permissions. If the permission cannot be granted automatically, you can run the following command from the Exchange command prompt:
new-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role: ApplicationImpersonation -User: "coganltdK2SvcAcc"
Could not repair, please check if the user 'administrator' has sufficient rights to grant the required permissions and that a connection can be made to the Exchange server. Please ensure the Exchange Management Console is installed on this machine.
Duration: 0.1875066 seconds

Administrative - Exchange Integration Permissions
-------------------------------------------------
Analysis Result: Passed.
The K2 Service Account is a member of the Recipient Management Active Directory group.

The user coganltdK2SvcAcc is a member of the View-Only Organization Management Active Directory group and has cached credentials. All server events where Create or Disable Mailbox are used should be configured to use this account in the “Run As” dialog.
Duration: 0.4374968 seconds

Oh, so your repair is actually failing.  Did you follow the instructions?

- Does the user 'administrator' has sufficient rights to grant the required permissions?

- Can you connect to Exchange server from this machine?

- Is the Exchange Management Console installed on this machine?

Edit: Also, have you looked at this? http://community.k2.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/TKB_blackpearl/article-id/3615  You didn't mention if this was a fresh install or an upgrade.

The user 'Administrator' has sufficient rights to grant the permissions yes. (On Exchange we also run the command manually and it was run successfully)

Yes we can connect to exchange server from that machine. (It's a web interface on same network)

Exchange management console is not installed on the K2 server. On Exchange 2013 we don't really have a console.

It is a new deployment.

Thanks

I'm assuming you checked the K2 Service Account as well?

When you say "web interface on the same network" are you pointing to the web service URL or the web login interface URL?  Just wanted to make sure it's the web service URL.

Have you taken a look at this? There is some more details about requirements and also some troubleshooting tips...  http://help.k2.com/kb001189

I rebooted the server, and exchange started working to send emails :)