Skip to main content

Symptoms

Issue on upgrade k2 blackpearl 4.5 to 4.6.8 (4.12060.1600.0)

Diagnoses

Hi, guys.

I'm currently stuck on an issue when i try to proof of concept to configure an upgrade on K2 4.6.8.
Restored existing K2 database backup on SQL2012 then run 4.5 k2 setup and connect it. However after 4.5 setup process completed, during "configuration analysis", it always fail for the K2 website configuration(attachment 1,2,3) and not able fix them by the "repair" function. And i try to fix it manually(compare web.config files with existing environment), but doesn't have much luck.

Then as my target is upgrade it to 4.6.8, i try to run the 4.6.8 upgrade process and I hit the issue as describe in attachment 4.

Resolution

Points 1-3 (Runtime and Designer Site Authentication settings not set) are configuration issues that should be fixed by pressing the repair button on the Analysis Tool . Point 4 is a problem with your SQL Instance

Please open SQL Server Management Studio and view the K2 DB properties. Under the "Options" page, please have a look and the DB compatibility level. (I suspect that it might still be on "SQL 2005 (90)". If so, please change this to "SQL 2008 (100)" and try installing again

Be the first to reply!