Skip to main content

Question

I was recently working on a list that is tied to a SQL database and when I try to submit a new item to the list I receive the following error:

Login failed for user 'USER NAME'. This session has been assigned a tracing ID of 'TRACING ID'. Provide this tracing ID to customer support when you need assistance.
• Type:
SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException
• Source:
SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client
• Method Base
○ Member Type:
Method
○ Name:
GetSmartObjectReader
○ Module
§ Scope Name:
SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.dll
○ Declaring Type
§ Full Name:
SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer
• Stack Trace:

at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer.GetSmartObjectReader(SmartObject smartObject, ExecuteListReaderOptions options, Dictionary`2& propertyReference)

at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer.ExecuteListReader(SmartObject smartObject, ExecuteListReaderOptions options)

at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormsApiToXml.ToXmlList()

at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.SmartObjectExecution(XPathNavigator nav, Boolean outputDependencies, SmartObjectClientServer svr)

at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.WorkXmlToApi(String xml)

at SourceCode.Forms.Runtime.AJAXCall.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

Why is this happening?

Answer

This may be caused for a couple of reasons but the most likely case is that the service instances password has to be verified again to be accessible. To do this do the following:

1. Access K2 Management 

2. Expand SmartObject Administration

3. Select Service Instances

4. Find the database in question, select the database and click edit

5. Change the password to the correct one and click OK.

At this point you should notice that the service instance is updated and you will now be able to submit a new item to the list that is tied to this service instance.

Be the first to reply!