Skip to main content

Hi,

Please consider the following scenario:

• There is a workflow which set a flexi task. But instead of assign this flexi task to a SharePoint group, the designer of this workflow opted to work with an auxiliary list called "Control" containing the approvers.
  • In the beginning of the workflow, it does a look up at the "Control" list to retrieve the approvers and store in a variable called "FinalApprovers".
  • At a certain point, the workflow assign individual tasks for each person listed in "FinalApprovers" variable.
  • Some weeks later, two new people joined the task force to make the final approvals, but as the "FinalApprovers" variable is set only in the beginning of the workflow, these new colleagues are not receiving tasks.
  • Now they have hundreds of workflows running, and restart all of them is not an option.

As we know, there is no way to change an in-flight workflow in Nintex Workflow for SharePoint.

I thought about creating an external workflow, triggered every time a task is created, and use the "Delegate Workflow Task" action, but it needs the task Action ID which is not the same as the task ID. So it is not an option, unless someone knows how to find the Flexi-task Action ID in a running workflow.

Also tried to change the Workflow Task assignee, but it didn't work. The new assignee can't respond to the task.

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks!

determining flexi task's ActionID is not that a big deal, see eg  

note however, if you delegate a task, it's moved from one assignee to the other. so original assignee cannot respond it anymore. so you effectively do not extend 'approval task force', just shifts responsibility to someone else.

Thanks, ! That "how to" contains what I was searching for: query workflow data via XML.

Yes, I'm aware of the effects of delegating. However if I delegate the task for a SP group that also contains the original assignee, It would make the trick I guess.