Skip to main content

Have a simple approval Form. where 1 of 3 people can Approve the User Task.

However once approved the Email Link will no longer work for the other 2 Approvers. The requirements is that only 1 need to approve to move forward. but I wonder if there is a way to render or diplay the new status of the Workflow or just a simple View to Display the status of the Item instead of return the URL Error ?

THX Dino.

Hi,

I guess ur suing rest service while approving the task through email. So i think you can use a form URL to have this approve action in the rest service where ones the user clicks on the link in email a form opens which display message that it has been approved. hope this helps

We are not using the Email to automatically reply to approve/reject. Acutally we are forcing the user to open the Form. which for the first user when it open the User Task ask to approve/reject. 

The problem is once approved the Workflow changed state and future users will return an error that not available. Yes I want to return the form has been approved but how ???

Hi,

You can try to have activity to openthe item.. Can you please explain the requirement more in  detail so that if i can help...

You have a pool of 4 people who shared a Mailbox.

Form is submited from Any Employee for a new Vendor Request.

Form start a Workflow.

(1) of the 4 People can read the common Mailbox to see the Request.

(1) of the 4 People can Click on the User Task Email, Open the Form and Approve the Request to move to the next step.

Any of the 4 People can Click later on the same Link from the Email and the URL is broken =(

Does that makes more sense ?

This is something I am intending to try and it should work.

On your form initialization that normally opens the worklist item you have a rule that says

If Current workflow Activity is ____

Open the _______ worklist item (configure)

In configure you will see Serial Number being sent from the form. The serial number is actually ProcessID_ActivityInstanceDestID (hint you can have your workflow actually send these two data fields or you can break it apart after you get it but it might be easier to send it from the workflow).

You can use a smartobject call to check whether the activity is expired and do something else. The smartobject you need is called "Activity Instance Destination" and you can call this with the Process Instance ID and the Activity Instance Destination ID and look at the Status returned. If it is expired the show a message or another part of the form instead of letting the system show you the message.

So you initialize rule might look like this

On Activity Instance Destination SmartObject, execute its list method (Configure)

(with input mappings specified above and an output mapping from Status to a form field (ActivityStatus).

If ActivityStatus Contains Specific value expired

Show a message ___

If Current workflow Activity is ____

And

ActivityStatus is not Expired

Open the _______ worklist item (configure)

Does this help at all?

Detailed Solution here:

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Error-24411-occurs-after-an-item-is-opened-that-has-already-been/m-p/91574/highlight/false#M29254