Skip to main content

I am new to Nintex, Is there a way in Nintex2013, Current Approver takes feedback from Previous approver before Current approver approve/reject the item?

Yes, you can use the Common variable, All Approvers Comments and add it to the notification email on the task for the proceeding approver.

Thanks Andrew, It worked.

Hi Andrew,

There is some twink to my requirement. I should allow Current Approver to see all Previous approvers (probably in dropdown) and let him select any one of the previous approver to get feedback on current request. Current approver should allow to post his question too to selected previous approver? Is this feasible in Nintex?  I am NOT using Nintex forms.

Yes definitely. But it matters on how you manage the approvers. How are the approvers determined for the workflow?

Hi Andrew,

I am having approvers on below stages.

1.Division Manager

2.Division Head

3.Business Unit Head

So, If Current approver is "Division Head " then he can only select Division Manager in Dropdown (start up form). If Current approver is "Business Unit Head " then he can select Division Manager & Division Head approver in Dropdown (start up form). Can we achive dynamic dropdown functionality in Workflow start up page?

Let's see if we can find a way, I'll start with some ideas and let me know what you think would be next steps. You need to do two things at first that I can see.

1. Determine the current user's type
  2. Filter a drop down using the type

For the first item, there are several ways you can do this. You can use JavaScript to fetch the user's type in user profiles or a list. You can also use a lookup reference on a calculated field and lookup userprofileservice. I assume you are trying to determine this from a user profile property. But you will need to set a field control value to the current user's type.

In the filtering, you will need to use the list lookup control and filter based on the type. So you will need a list that will be used like a configuration. It can have two columns, such as MyType, ThierType.

My TypeTheir Type
Division HeadDivision Manager
Business Unit HeadDivision Manager
Business Unit HeadDivision Head

Filter MyType  based on the value of the control that has the current user's type.