Skip to main content

I have a situation , I have more then 400 records in list. The list form is using SQL request control which is connected to a text field. Now the data in SQL control is changed (the lookup data is renamed in the lookup table).

Eg. the old data was

1. Division 1

2. Division 2

After modification 

1. Division 1 new

2. Division 2 new

So if I open an existing form the sql request control will be blank. It will be blank even if I update in the list text field with the new data.

Is there a way to update the form data without opening the form one by one.

Hi Sojan Mathew‌,

If you want to update values in only one field for all 200 records in a list, i think you have ready with your data in a excel or somewhere

1. Create a temporary view which allows quick edit mode in your list and use sort by ID and copy paste the data in your list.

2. Create a temporary list field called "Test Number" (single line of text) and Create one list workflow which is having three actions Build String (try to get your new value like "Division 1 new"), set variable and Update Item. After that create a site workflow and try to update "Test Number" with some value ex:1, so that it will run for all 200 records and runs the list workflow for each item.

Make sure to stop other list workflows before running the site workflow.

Thanks,

This only change the data in the list, not the value in form data.

Nintex Support can you help with this?