Skip to main content

Hi,

I have an approval process and the destination users( Roles - level1) who needs to perform approval are dynamic depending on the data entered on User Master aspx form and stored in sql database table.

created smartobject to fetch all users from sql database and assigned the same value in destination users in clientevent and also triggered the k2 approval process workflow. Instance is created and the task is assigned to destination users. 

i can add or delete or update the users in user master aspx form at any time. The problem here is, approval process workflow initiated already, and destination users are already defined and the taks is with assigned users. now am updating the users value in user aspx form and destination user should use the latest updated users value for already running process. 

is it possible to use latest version of the destination users  value for already running process?

Can somebody guide me how can I achieve this?

note: smartobject is used to fetch the users from sql database ( dynamicSQLSPservcie)

Check out this thread and let me know if the solution within is viable for you:  http://k2underground.com/forums/t/12450.aspx

One other option is to use the API to delegate existing process instances to the new users as they are added, effectively giving them rights to the process without having to invoke any workflow actions.