Skip to main content

I have a org structure which consists of a Team Lead and Team Member as roles.

One of the roles of the Team Lead is to review incoming work and delegate it to a Team Member. The Team Lead may identify many work items that would be suitable for the same Team Member (a specific individual, not a workflow role) to action and would therefore like to batch delegate the work items in one go.

I was hoping to take advantage of the 'delegate' worklist action to perform the above.

Is it possible to delegate multiple work items to a specific individual in one go?

Also, if two work items were delegated to two seperate individual users, would the Team Lead be able to select both these work items and batch 're-delegate' to another user (if a particular user is off sick and the out of office functionality was not used).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

One way to do this is to build a custom worklist.

I have done this before, you can then have a checkbox next to the worklist item and for the checked items you can perform batch operations, like batch execute of actions or batch delegation.

There is nothing in the API to facilitate this, but you can just loop through the selected items and perform a delegate on each selected item.

Thanks  Henk.

I had a sneaky suspicion that it would be a Custom feature.

I have been reading into user work load balancing too and came across the following link:

http://www.k2underground.com/forums/t/4383.aspx

If I am a team lead and wish to manage workloads and reallocate work I do not think the Destination User field will return back the Delegated User?

If I wanted to list out all work for a particular Delegated User would the better option be to have a field on the Process Instance and have the Activity use that field within its Destination Rule to allocate the work?

If the Team Lead wanted to reallocate the work, the Team Lead would then need to change the Process Instance attribute to another user? Would this then mean that Destination User field would be useable via the Management Console?

Or is it possible to filter on AllocatedUser?