Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am again debating between K2 database and custom database.

I looked into my old thread and found out that  @JohanL mentined this: 

" I agree on how manageable a custom database is. It also allows you to create custom stored procedures which you are not allowed to do in the K2 database (as per the support agreement). "

I also found similar statement by one more community member. I just wanted to make sure that are we allowed to create custon stored procedures in K2 database.

If no, what is the reason? And if I still do that what will be the repurcussions of doing that?

Thanks,

Aditi

Hi,

I think if you look at the support agreement really technically it might say that you are not allowed to have any custom stored procedures in the K2 database.

However, if you are not doing any updating and making sure your queries uses the NOLOCK clause then you might be OK.

The biggest thing K2 is trying to avoid is performance or data inconsistency errors caused by custom stored procedures.

If the queries you are running will not impact performance then you might be able to get away with it.

I cannot comment on whether you should or not create your own stored procedure in the K2 database.

We have taken the stance that we have a separate database where our SPs live and we keep it separate and we try not to do direct queries with the K2 db's system tables, only the smartbox tables.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

JohanL