Skip to main content

I have an infopath form integrated with it own process which in this case is the parent process. The form allows entry of information and starts the parent process.

Within the parent process I have passed values from this infopath form (xml values) through to a child process using an IPC event. The intent is for a generic approval process with multiple tasks that I intend to use again within the parent process and hopefully with other parent processes as they are created.

The child process has it's own separate infopath form (integrated) that I wish to use for an approval process to display information that was entered in the parent infopath form.

Where I am stuck is how to get the data passed into the child process to populate into the child process's infopath form so that when the infopath client event is opened by the end user it has the information already on the form.

My XML knowledge is not the greatest so if there is an out of the box way around this then I would be extremely grateful. 

Hi,

I assume the XML Field is passed in from the parent process to the child. If this is the case you can use a Data Event and use the Manipulate XML Data template to map the nodes from the parent process field to the respective nodes of the child process XML Field.

Let me know if this worked.

Regards,

Johan, thanks for the reply. After writing the post I played around with the scenario mentioned and managed to figure it out anyway.

It's still all relatively new to me at the moment, so there's lots of trial end error.

Thanks for the reply

Russell

I don't suppose you could share your findings? :/