Skip to main content
Hi,

I have a simple workflow that calls a child workflow using a IPC event.

I want pass 1 field from parent workflow to child, and when child workflow ends, I want return data to parent workflow.

In the IPC event wizard I created a field mapping entry and I chose "Send data to child process" from data direction DropDownlist and I created other one and I chose "Receive data from child process" .

When I call the child workflow, I can pass data to child, but when the child finish, it didn't pass any data to parent.

I need to do something to pass data from child to parent workflow?

Thanks in advance

Are you are calling the IPC synchronously?  If the mode is async then the parent does not wait for the child to complete.

Yes, I was calling synchronously. The parent workflow only advances after child process ended, but didn't return data.

I tried a new thing. I set all the mapped fields to "Send and Receive" and set initial value to all fields. After the IPC all the parent workflow fields were empty.

After this, I saw data audit in the K2 Log DB, and all the fields were empty in a activity called "IPC Finish".

Any Clue why this happens?

Thanks 

You think it's behavior it's a bug?

If you think it is a bug, open a help desk ticket.  I have used the IPC event in the past to do just what you are describing.  If you want, send me a very simple workflow project that illustrates this behavior and I will see if I can reproduce it.  Unfortunately my schedule is filled for the rest of the week, so I make no promises about when I will be able to look at it.