Skip to main content

We have multiple server, in one server child process which is in the IPC Event starts immidiatly. But in the development server, child process takes too much time to start. Does anyone face this issue. 

I have created 2 Process, one is CheckIPC which has only one activity with IPC Event which call the 2nd Process. 2nd Process is the ChildProcess with only one activity and has an email event. I have deployed the same process on two server, in one server ChildProcess starts immidiatly but in the 2nd server it takes 3 to 7 hours to start.

any ideas???? please share

The mechanism in which IPCs are started has been changed. It was originally designed to be synchronous, but to ensure stability under load, that changed to "asynchronous", basically using a different thread. Details can be found here:

http://help.k2.com/en/KB001211.aspx

Understanding that, one of two scenarios is the most likely culprit:

1. The two servers have different versions of K2
  2. The IPC settings are different on the two machines

To help with the timing in your development environment, have a look at the section labeled K2Server.setup File Amendments. You can alter the IPCThreadInterval setting to a smaller amount. Just note that you shouldn't set this to a value lower than 10. If that doesn't help, I would recommend logging a ticket, IPCs should not take hours to start, it might be that the threads are locked or used by something else.