IPC event - Originator is disable

• 3 November 2005
  • 8 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4
Hi,

I have an IPC event in my workflow. In the "Enter Connection Information" screen, the radio "Originator" is disable. I want the originator of child process is the originator of the parent process.

Please help me, thanks.

8 replies

Badge +11
In order to get the Originator radio button enabled, the K2 Server in the connection MUST be 'local' - and nothing else. As soon as you specify a specific K2 Server machine, even if it is the local machine, the Originator radio button is disabled.

Hope this helps,
Ockert
Badge +4
Thanks.

Now the originator can be selected.
Badge +4
Hi all,

I choose "Asynchronous The K2.net IPC Server Event will start the Child Process and wait for the Child Process to complete before completing the IPC Server Event".

But when the child process starts & does not complete, the parent process has already completed. What can I do now?
Badge +9
Asynchronous = Parent will Start Child and CONTINUE without waiting for child to complete. The 2 processes are disconnected once the child is started.
Synchronous = Parent will Start Child and WAIT for child to complete before continuing with the rest of the process. In this scenario you can populate data back from the child process to be used by the parent process.

Just a Tip: Data binding direction

Out = From Parent OUT to Child
In = From Child IN to Parent

Hope this is helpful.
Badge +4
Thanks for you information. May be in my document, there are some mistakes.

I have another problem. In an aspx page, what should I do to get all child-process from a specific parent process (may be through the parent process ID)?
Badge +11
I do not understand exactly what you're trying to do. Please elaborate...

If you're looking for a parent/child relational diagram to put on an aspx page, you'll probably have to query the _IPC table of the K2Log database.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +4
Thanks for your answer. It's exactly my problem.

Now, another problem :). When I cancel the parent proceses (in an aspx page), what should I do to cancel all children processes? Or I have to do it manually?
Badge +11
I haven't actually tested this but I think you will have to manually Cancel/Finish/Delete the child processes. Be careful not to orphan your child processes by killing the parent processes. Cancel the child processes first.

Regards,
Ockert