Skip to main content
I have created an IPC event that passes data from the parent to the child process all through the IPC event wizard.  At run time, I notice that sometimes the event failes with a 'datafield not found' error (only appears in the server console), so I go back to the IPC event, check the data fields are ok, clear and re-drag the same parent and child data fields that were there, redeploy and then it works (sometimes)... until I deploy again when the error starts cropping up again.  This is becoming incredibly annoying as my deploy times are nearing the five minute mark.  Has anybody else experienced this?  I am passing just one XML field from the parent to one XML field on the child.  Any clue?
I have never seen that particular error.  However, I do have a tip for speeding up your deployment time.  When you have a large project with several processes and smartobjects, you can right-click in the solution explorer on the items you are not currently working on and click "Exclude from build".  Just remember to go back and check "Include in build" when you do want to make changes to them.

I have experienced the Same.

After I added a new process, setup the IPC and XML Datafields, and export. All the Processes that worked before, now give the Datafield <FieldName> not found error.

I have determined that this happens when using the Auto Mapping feature.I also have only experienced this with the Xml Datafields.

Well, at least I am not alone, though I didn't use the Auto-Mapping feature.