Skip to main content
Hi, I have a process that is suppose to be started using the IPC calls and I have set the user to be the Originator of the flow.

But the flow cannot be started and an exception is thrown. There is nothing wrong with the flow and codes.

When I attempt to fix the flow from K2 Service Manager, I used the user creditienial of the Originator and repair the flow and it works. This user has been granted the rights to start IPC flow.

K2 Server is started using the administrator account with the correct rights on the server as well.

Please advise.
Alright, I made a mistake. K2 isn't started with the administrator account, instead it is start with the Local System account.

But the problem still persists. This time, it is rather intermittent. Anyone could have the slightest idea for a start?

Thanks.
do you have some information about the exception? type, or description message
hi.. no.. there is nothing more then "an exception has occured"

any idea? thxs a lot
I saw a very similar problem last night so I thought that you might be interested in this (even though you've probably found a solution or work around by now).

Starting an IPC as Originator; having switched the template to code view and adding one line of code to set a data field, the process errored with an unspecific error.

You won't believe this but the problem appeared to be a commented line of code under the line that sets the connection string. Simply deleting the commented line of code fixed the problem. I have encountered this before in another project so there could be an issue with the way that K2 Studio converts templates from code to GUI?
Hi Richard

Could you possibly post the code you are referring to?

I'd be interested in the project language (VB, C#) and the exact line of code you are referring to.

Thanks
Emile