Skip to main content

Hello again,

I have created a a work flow that defines two actions: New and Update. I have a general understanding on running of the worklists however, when I come to actually testing my forms and workflow I get stuck with a Serial number.

I need to correctly populate the serial number box within the rules on designer but I do not know how to correctly. I tried using my autonumbered ID which is invalid

Kind Regards,

Martin

Martin

I am assuming that you are using a SmartForms Client Event or something similar. If that is the case, then there is an option in the Client Event Wizard that will allow you to append the serial number to the url. You can then proceed to configure the wizard with the set of input variables and output variables that you want to see go into and out of the form.

Ian 

Hello,

15501i5BC98261B8933CFB.pngFrom my Smartforms Client event: I can see a serial number being assigned but I am unable to make changes in both normal and advanced mode.

I don't really know where to start when looking into solving this problem as I am quite new to K2.

EDIT: As you can see from the attached I am trying to create what should be a simple rule from when the user presses the save button depending on view (edit or new) a confirmation email is sent out.

Kind Regards,

Martin

17064i4006B26032B29D41.png

Hi Martin,

do you have a Form Parameter called SerialNo within the Form? Did you specify a rule when Form initializes to open that Worklist item?

Regards,

Markus

PS: I usually use the "Default Client Action" and not the SmartForms Client Event.

Doing that, you would specify the "Task Item URL" as follows (please replace the Form URL accordingly):

SmartForms Runtime /Form/<yourApprovalForm>&SN={SerialNo}

The "Append serial number to URL" automaticall adds the last part.

Following this approach, your Form parameter would be "SN".

You would also need to assign a control (I usually use a radio button list) to the possible Actions, i.e. your outcomes for the task.

I don't quite understand.

My single form when loaded begins the workflow> when the user selects the save option  I use the rule then action default activity. I have set the action to be New as shown in Studio but I am still unable to populate the Serial Number box correctly. I have created a serial number parameter but I am unable to insert that into the worklist item rule.

Thanks for the help so far.

Martin

Here's a sample for opening the Worklist Item Rule:

17042i7A1FD245EC1B268A.png

Do you have something similar?

Mine looks slightly different? When I run it 

14341i476678F4BB249550.png

If I run the form with parameters I get the same error (no matter what I insert into the parameter)

Thanks again,

Martin

I have also just used the Open Worklist Item and had it setup like yours and errors with: Worklist item could not be loaded.

Maybe you want to double-check your Workflow and Form.
Here's a walkthrough that explains the steps:
http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2forsharepoint/UserGuide/current/default.htm#Tutorials/Expense_Claim_Application/PART_4_WORKFLOW.htm

Hello,

Thank you for the help and guide I can refer to.

I have created a workaround involving two basic workflows which only get intiated at the correct stage.

Kind Regards,

Martin