Skip to main content

Reinstalling Blackpearl 4.6.11

All seemed to be well but the installation failed due to DB permissions. I corrected the permissions and started to reconfigure using Blackpearl setup manager.

I am not sure why I would be running into this error. Does Blackpearl 4.6.11 require a specific SQL database version? It seems like it is hanging up on the creation of the K2Dependencies databse.

12510i98015CF4986896FF.png

Bryan

This is an issue with the database not being brought up to 4.6 RTM levels. Please open a support ticket and reference this article:

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/An-invalid-database-version-was-detected-4-6-2-gt-4-6-8/ta-p/76654

Ian

I found the same documentation but I do not think that was the cause of the error in my case. I had tried and installation and it failed. I think the application was trying to write to an existing database and either the database was corrupt due to the failed install or the configuration manager wasn't able to modify the existing database. The solution was in my case was to delete the K2 database and uninstall Blackpearl. Upon re-installation the database was created and configured correctly and I was able to open Workspace. The installation was successful.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters