Skip to main content

Any thoughts on integration with MS Teams. I feel like if you have the same type of actions for MS Teams as you already have for Slack, that would be really sweet.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the input.  This is something we can add to our backlog for future consideration.  In the meantime we would love to hear more about potential usage scenarios.  How often is MS teams coming up in project considerations?

I think being able to post a message to get things started out be great. By using MS Teams you are not limited by the number of messages you can post.  I think future would be Sharing a file via MS Teams, Adding an event to a team calendar based on an outcome. I think for us MS Teams will start to become more popular, and maybe this is something that would be best served in the O365 Workflow/Forms area then NWC.

Ben Stori‌ I'd love to see a MS Teams connector as well, it has quickly overtaken Slack as our go-to for collaboration internally and we're seeing customers moving that direction as well.

That said, you can integrate NWC with MS Teams today with a few extra steps (leveraging MS Teams' incoming WebHook feature)! Here's what you'll need to do:

1. From a specific channel in Teams, use the ellipses to go to connectors
  2. Add the Incoming Webhook connector  
    199888_pastedImage_2.png
  3. Give your Webhook a name/icon and click Create
  4. Copy the the URL MS Teams give you and jump back into the NWC
  5. Within your workflow setup a call a web service action like the following:
    199899_pastedImage_7.png
  6. Trigger your workflow and you're good to go! (see sample output below)

199898_pastedImage_6.png

Ben Stori Dan Barker I actually prefer the MS Teams' WebHook approach as opposed to the current Slack connector because it's not posting on a specific user's behalf. happy.png

In case you're interested — I just dropped a blog on this topic: https://medium.com/@25c8fd60e1a8/6654c5fa97e6 

Great stuff Patrick!!