Skip to main content

Hi frnds,

i would like to know how to integrate with local mailing system with K2 process,for example i create HR process.when employee send's leave application to HR through mail.then mail send to the HR department.Then how to create this process.pls give me the guidlines to integrate.

Thanks,

schand

It would probably be the same as how would do it in K2.net 2003.  You would configure a specific mail account to send the new request to via email.  On the backend, you need to create a email listener program/service that polls the designated mailbox.  The second portion would be to parse the email message body and translate the body data into an actual StartProcessInstance call.

if you use MOSS/WSS you can use the incoming mail feature (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263260.aspx) that's allow you to add an item in a document library when an email is received to a specific account. Then, in a K2 part, you can create a Sharepoint Event Process that catch the "item created" event in this document library.