Skip to main content

Hello All,

I would like to know how to instantiate a workflow from a server code?

Regards

Amarnath

Generally, I would try using an IPC event instead unless there was some specific reason to not do so.

ok.

I have to call a workflow multiple times with various different input.

Is there  a better way to achieve this?

Regards

Amarnath

The IPC event in combination with the destination rule option "Plan per slot (no destinations)" is intended to handle this.

Basically you pass in a XML field with multiple records or a SmartObject List method to initialize the data for each instance.  So in the child process, you would access the data via the context browser > Activity Destination Instance > Instance data (if I recall correctly).

Normally I would pass in the SmartObject key field into the instance data, this would allow me to pull the rest of the data from my child process.

I tried it, but I am getting only one instance of the child workflow.

I do not know what wrong am I doing.

I have a mail event in the child workflow and i also set the succeding rule in such a way that all the instances have to be completed. but I am just getting one email from the child workflow.

It would help more if you gave some details or screenshots of how your data is being passed in (and the structure) and the settings that you put in the slot initialization.

I followed according to this article

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/pitchblack/archive/2008/08/26/looping-through-an-activity-for-each-item-returned-from-a-smartobject-list.aspx 

Hello Johnny,

It is working now.

Thanx for the help.

Regards

Amarnath