Skip to main content

Symptoms

I would like to know how I should go about installing K2 blackpearl on a server that we cloned. The cloned server had already had K2 blackpearl installed on it. But this will be a new environment so I wanted to install it again, and I do not have a K2 database yet for this new K2 server. Can I just delete the Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearl folder and start the install? Or do I need to do some other things?

Also, since the Sql Server instance we have already has a database named K2 on it, will it cause any problems to name the database for instance K2_UAT? And not have problems with either K2 server that is using these databases.

Diagnoses

We do not recommend using cloned server unless it was created with the right Sysprep options. We have a lot of issues with duplicated CID's and MSDTC components. If the server was cloned using sysprep then you should not have issues.

Resolution

Remove K2 by using the Setup Manager, re run the Setup Manager and configure K2 on the actual server since it will be connecting to the actual Database.

Create a copy of the K2 database and name it K2_UAT and reconfigure K2 on the new server to point to that database, If this is the case, make sure the k2_UAT database data files are placed in a different folder than the actual K2 database data files.

Be the first to reply!