Skip to main content

Symptoms

Installer does not support upgrading your version of K2 error

Diagnoses

We are trying to upgrade our 4.6.7 blackpearl to 4.6.10. I successfully did the upgrade on our dev and QA servers already. However, when I try it on our STG server I get the error attached.

I have the combined installer with all the separate components. I was also trying to download the installers again but could not find 4.6.10 on the site.

Resolution

Issue: 

We are trying to upgrade our 4.6.7 blackpearl to 4.6.10. I successfully did the upgrade on our dev and QA servers already. However, when I try it on our STG server I get the error attached.

I have the combined installer with all the separate components. I was also trying to download the installers again but could not find 4.6.10 on the site.

Resolution: 

The configuration.config file was pointing to the wrong K2 DB, when we pointed it to the K2 DB that you had not upgraded and wanted to upgrade the setup manager worked as expected.

After the upgrade you attempted to install some fixes and one of them would not get added to the GAC, and this is likely due to the path used in the command was incorrect because when we entered the command again with the path to the dll again it worked as expected.

Be the first to reply!