Skip to main content

I am using a smart object to retrieve data from multiple SQL data sources using the Dynamic Sql service object. When I pass a parameter to my GetAgent method, I can set that as the input parameter on the first service object method, but it also sets the mapping of the return parameter to the smart object parameter.  If I try to map the return property to "AgentID" smart object property, the wizard automatically changes the input parameter to be the smart object property as well.  I found the same question in this post but it didn't really have an answer. 

The problem I have is that the first service object may, or may not have a record with this AgentID.  If the wizard is mapping the return value of the first service object to the parameter (AgentIDParam), then it is null when I call the second service object, which does contain a record with the AgentID.  Since the parameter has changed, there is no data retrieved from the second service object, either.  

It seems to me that I should be able to map the input parameter of the service object to the input parameter but still map the return value to the smart object property.

Is this a bug?  Is there another approach to retrieving data through service objects in this scenario?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Be the first to reply!