Skip to main content

Symptoms

I am using the inline function "text" in an email (client event notification) to grab the characters that are returned from the right side of the string but I am having difficulty with it. It just doesn't work. no errors are logged and the workflow doesn't error out but I do not receive the email either.

What I am trying to do is inside the body of client event notification email :

1. pass "ActivityInstanceDestUserName" from "Activity Destination Instance" in the context browser.
2. the return result from step 1 is passed to inline function right to extract the 4 characters from right hand side of the string. (Screenshot attached Rightfunction.Jpeg)

but it doesn't not work. the email doesn't get sent to the destination and no errors are logged. I am attaching a simple workflow which demonstrates what I am trying to do and how it is not working.

the return result from step 1 above is "aarwoks"
and what I am expecting from the right function to return 4 characters from the right "woks" .

"ActivityInstanceDestUserName" when dropped into the body of the email returns the expected result (aarwoks) , but it is just the right function not working.

Diagnoses

The issue is related to having a bad Destination rule setup.  

Resolution

Please change your Destination Rule to Plan Per Destination - All at once , Resolve all Groups and Roles to Users and this should start working

Be the first to reply!