Initial due dates vs reschedule dates and notifications

• 10 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Hi all,

I'm needing some help finishing my workflow.

I have a list that contains an event date and an initial notification date (30 days after an event). Then there is a task to enter data that needs to send notifications to the user 30,45,60, 70 and 80, and 85 day intervals (the task MUST be completed on or before the 90th day).

The problem is that this notification date can change on or before the initial event /notification date entered.

I have created another column which is a yes/no checkbox column which asks if the event was rescheduled- the default is (no), if it was the user is required to enter a reschedule event date which in turn calculates a rescheduled notification date(quick example below).

event date
notification date
rescheduled event?rescheduled event daterescheduled notification date
2/5/163/5/16yes2/16/163/15/16
2/2/163/2/16no
2/8/163/8/16yes3/18/164/18/16

I'm trying to figure out how to have a workflow that will determine whether the event was rescheduled, and adjust the notifications based on the rescheduled notification date.

Hopefully this makes sense. Any help is appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

You can use a workflow to query the item on update and see if [rescheduled event?] == 'yes'. If so, update your dates or any other field.

I would use a site workflow to handle the notifications/tasks. This would query your list each day and determine if [notification date] == [today] and if so, send the notification.

Hope this helps!

Badge +8

Thanks,

I don't need any fields updated. The notification dates are already calculated dates. I'm trying to figure out how to make the workflow to notify based on which date is the latest. The notification date wouldn't be today since its based on a specified amount of days after the event...but that changes if the event itself is rescheduled. The good thing is that they are never rescheduled for earlier dates.

I sure hope that makes sense. happy.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

If you need to use the date that is greater, simply compare the two and use the one that is greater.

You can use the Set Condition action and compare your date fields.

Something like this:

179978_pastedImage_0.png

** I used notifications as place holders, but here you could set a workflow variable to hold your data that you wanted to use

[notification date]<[rescheduled notification date]

yes, use notification date

no, use rescheduled notification date