Skip to main content

Hi,

The K2 blackpearl help(chm) speaks about the concept of Object Publishing Layer by which K2 blackpearl process artifacts can be exposed in a service-orientated(probably as WCF end points). Can someone please provide me information on this or tell if its really supported by any K2 blackpeal versions.

K2 can publish a process instance as a SmartObject - you can then interact with this SmartObject via ADO or the SourceCode.SmartObject.Client API.

I would recommend you have a read through some of the SmartObject information that's available - there's a vast number of ways to use this - too many to mention here :)

HTH!

Louis

If we Publish a Process instance as  as Smart Object, can a .net managed application interact with the K2 process via this Smart Object. Can some one please provide me atleat one link where some sample is available.

Gaurav

Yes, you can interact with any smart objects, either your own or ones that are created for a process. Just be aware that there are a limited number of things you can do with process smart objects.

For sample code, open up the K2 documentation and go to:

K2 Developer Reference -> Smart Objects -> Accessing 

With regards to the OPL you mentioned in your first post, that is a feature that will be released in an upcoming version of blackpearl. At the moment you can do similar things the same through custom code as described in the help article above. 

Hope that helps