Skip to main content
I'm very new to K2, and I'm sure that this is just the first of many questions I will have.

I have just been brought into a project that has passed the prototype stage. We are now gathering/refining requirements and a question came up about the Infopath workflow forms and customization.

Fellow team members were told by our K2 consultant that we can only have one workflow form for each workflow app we develop. This will limit our ability to customize check lists based on department. If we have to include all custom check lists into one form, it will become so large as to impact performance.

So my question is: can we use multiple forms - a primary one, and several secondary ones, one or more of which are loaded inline to the primary form based on selections made on the primary form?
Steve,

See this forum article

See this post:

http://forum.k2workflow.com/viewtopic.php?t=929

Here is an excerpt:
Renier: Integration with InfoPath only allows one form with one process at this point of time. Some of the reasons for this are that the process instance relies heavily on the XML of the specific document, different forms will have different schemas and that will cause things to break. The other problem is that the process makes use of data field values that determines the location of document to be stored, working with multiple docs in multiple document libraries is not possible as the wizard configuration assumes specific data fields to be used, running the wizard for form1 and then for form2 will overwrite the settings specified for form1. In summary: InfoPath integration has a One to One relationship between form and process

NeilM: You could consider using an IPC event to 'kick off' the _other_ InfoPath form process. You could define a XML datafield on the 'parent' process (Lets call it ChildXML) which looks exactly like the K2InfoPathSchema XML datafield in the 'child' process. At the end of the parent process, use a server event to extract relevant values from the 'parent' process' K2InfopathSchema XML datafield and insert these into the ChildXML field. Then use an IPC event and pass the values from the 'ChildXML' datafield to the 'child' process' K2InfoPathSchema XML datafield. This will start the child process as if a user had filled in the Infopath form and clicked the 'Submit' button. Unfortunately the IPC event wizard does not allow you to assign particular elements or nodes in the XML datafields, this is why the ChildXML field is required.