Skip to main content

I have designed a process in K2 Studio (to overcome the error I've been getting in Visual Studio) and an accompanying Infopath form.

I can submit the form to kick off the workflow, and I get an email notification of the first task. That task has 3 actions (verify, verify with changes, and return for rework). The two verify actions use the same outcome. I am populating an actions drop down list on the Infopath form for the step view, and when I open the task the drop down shows these 3 actions (plus a blank line at the top). Any of the 3 actions I select gives the error message "Some rules were not applied", with the following details:

InfoPath cannot submit the form.
An error occurred while the form was being submitted.
The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:

Server was unable to process request. ---> The worklist item cannot be completed due to the following reason: The following action is not valid for this task:

There is nothing listed for the following action. Does anyone have a clue as to the cause of this problem? I'm under hte gun to get this working by the end of the week.

Thanks

hello dear ,

i have the same problem now ,, but the differnt is i can take the action from the worklist webpart  normaly .

did you know what the problem ,!!! please HELP.

Make it as full trust IP form and publish it as an administrator approved form. If this is a distributed environment, It is worth checking the IIS logs for any authentication errors.

hello Sujeeth,, i tried what you said but also not working ,,

i find out what its wrong ,,, the k2 is generating submit rules (Submit option > rules),,,  lets say  you have three views (V1, V2  )

the generated rules will be as following ,,

if (documentView = V1) then  setField ActionName= (taskActionField that you entered from k2 designer for v1)

if (documentView = V2) then  setField ActionName= (taskActionField that you entered from k2 designer for v2)

the problem is i dont know why but when the form opened in V2 i read the documentView field and it was V1 instead of V2 .. so when K2 is submitting the form the ActionName is taking the action for the V1 not V2 ,,,

---Solution--

Add a new setFieldValue in submit button before the rule of submit the form that will set the value for documentView to V2

and every thing will go fin ,,

Cheers all