Skip to main content

Did some searching for this problem and didn't find much for a solution and I'm totally confused as what it could be.

I have an InfoPath form which is displayed in the browser via SharePoint. But I can't get the workflow to kick off since each and every time I click the Submit button I get an error stating "An error occurred while the form was being submitted." I've set the ActionName under _K2 within InfoPath to an action name but not sure if it's right or wrong since I'm trying to just start the workflow, not take any type of action. 

do you see any errors in the event log? or the k2 log?

Nothing in the logs.

I click the submit button and it gives the message "sending data to server", but then pops up the error message. 

Make sure the UserID submitting the form has the right to start the process.

David

Render the form using the Infopath client option and this will provide you with more helpful information.

Once you get this please let us know what the error dialog says.

Opened the form in the thick client and got the following message.

InfoPath cannot submit the form.

An error occurred while the form was being submitted.

The SOAP message cannot be parsed.

The only rules behind clicking on the submit button is the rules K2 auto-creates when placing a submit button on the form. 

Figured it out.

When I installed K2, it installed the workspace under port 80. After the install, I did a re-install and changed the workspace to port 81 and the install installed the web services and workspace in the right spot. What didn't happen was change the environment field of workflow web services URL. That was still on port 80. So when the web service calls were made from the form, it couldn't find the web service.

Thank you to InfoPath for great and detailed error messages.