Skip to main content

I have an infopath form which I am using to collect an approval status and comments

When the users submit the infopath form, the status they selected and any comments they added are added to a repeating table within the infopath form (this is done using code within K2 to retrieve the relevant nodes, and update the Infopath form XML). This means that the status of all preceding participants is visible to all participants in the process.

There are four Activities in the approval process (Stage1, Stage2, Stage3 and Stage4), each activity may have multiple destination users.

If I set the destination rule options to "Plan per destination" -> "One at a time", it works ok - the form is routed to each destination user sequentially, and the comments are saved.

The problem I am having is that I am required to make all of the destination users within a Stage receive the task simultaneously - ie "Plan per destination->All at once". However when I do this, I find that when the first destination user completes the task, then the task disappears from all of the other destination users.

Can anyone help me with a method of collecting comments from each destination user, and then having all of the comments from each destination user being added to the form. When they have all filled in the form, the task should complete, and it should move to the next Stage.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hi Arduk

The "All at once" is correct but what you want to do is use slots. So if you have 4 destination users you can select the option of " Create a slot for each destination ". Then when you view your "Outcome Succeeding Rule" wizard you will see that rule is set up to complete when all slots are true.

hth,

Hi wessel, thanks very much for the reply.

I think your suggestion has helped me out (I'm not at work now, so will have to wait to test it out...) - I am already creating a slot for each destination, however I think that my outcome succeeding rule is set up incorrectly. There are 3 possible outcome statuses that can be selected by each user. I need to make sure that they have all completed it (ie no outcome is blank), and then make sure it follows the worst case scenario that has been selected by any of the destination users (eg if there are 3 users, they have the option of "Approved", "Minor Changes Required" and "Major changes Required". I need to make sure that all 3 users have completed the activity, and then put in logic to make sure that the worst case outcome is chosen). I think this will just be a matter of changing the outcome rules.

Thanks again for getting back to me. If you've got any ideas on my other post here: http://k2underground.com/forums/24198/ShowThread.aspx#24198, I would also love to hear it.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi arduk

You should just play then with the " Outcome Succeeding Rule " wizard to do what your looking for. The " Logical Function " property will anable you to specify " All Slots ", "At least" or " At Most " from wich you can see what works for you best.

hth,