Skip to main content

I am having a problem integrating the Infopath with SmartObject.  What i did was that i used the SmartObject Integration wizard to successfully create the new dataconnections that represent vairous SmartObject methods such as Creat, Save and Load etc.  My purpose is to create a new record using the infopath form; so i dragged the fields from the newly created secondary datasource of "Create" to the form.  Then i tried to setup a new rule in the "Submit Option" for submitting the data through the SmartObject dataconnection.  However, I found that the type of the "Create" dataconnection shows "Retrieve data" instead of "Submit data".  So this dataconnection was not available to be chosen while the new submit rule is being setup.  Am i on the right track of doing it or there is a bug generating the wrong dataconnection?

Please advice.

Thanks

No I think you are on the right track - if I remember correctly the create does show up as a "retrieve data" dataconnection, but I can not remember what the trick is to get around it.. I'll check it out and let you know

Ok I checked it out and you can set up the rule to use "Query using a data connection" but make sure that the SmartObjectInputInputProperties are linked to your form fields and then afterwards you probably want  to run another rule that gets the ID field from the ReturnProperties section.

HTH