Skip to main content

I am trying to use a simple InfoPath form in a workflow. The form has several views. At the moment then only thing the K2 workflow does is display one of the InfoPath's form views. When I try to open the form from the workflow I get the following error:

"Some rules were not applied."

There are no additional errors in the Event Viewer or logs.

Any ideas on how I can find what is causing the error?

thanks,

Luis

Hi Luis,

You can get a more informative error from infopath if you choose to have it opened using infopath thick client rather tan web client, then when you open the form the error will have a show details button.

If you are using K2 studio to deploy the process then in the infopath integration wizard there is a drop down that lets you specify thick client, or web browser. Change this and redploy and retry.

hth

I tried your suggestion and the form works fine using the thick client. Any ideas?

Ok it could be an authentication issue, perhaps credentials are being lost. What is the environment you are in? Depending on your logging configuration if you look in

C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin

there will be a log file called HostServer xxxxxx_x.log you can open this up and see if there are any errors at the time of your submit.

to configure logging open HostServerLogging.config and chalge this node <LogLocation Name="FileExtension" Active="True" LogLevel="Error" /> to LogLevel of "Debug" save and then restart the K2 server (windows service) this will give you a more verbose level of logging

hth

Also with the form running through form serviecs you can check the sharePoint Logs ffor errors

in 2007 its

C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions12LOGS

in 2010 it will be similar but in the 14 rather than 12 root

did the user have enought permission on workflow and the list.

Updating the server to the latest version of K2 solved the problem.

thanks,

Luis