Skip to main content

I have been working on a Sharepoint form that requires that the users be able to add a line to a section for reporting accounting codes. Initially I was using a text list that would allow entering multiple values but this was clumsy and opened up the process to a lot of error even though the data showed up correctly in the Sharepoint list.

I created a repeating table that would allow users to add lines. This looks good and works for the process but the data does not write to the sharepoint list correctly. Is there a way to make this work? What I would like is to have the data from each line of the form show up as a line of data in the Sharepoint column in the list.

I have limited coding skills and I was hoping there was a relatively easy solution.

Thanks

Hi,

I think this is possible from within K2 without any custom code. Please start by reading this blog post to get an idea of how to implement a for-each pattern in K2: http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/blackbelt/archive/2011/09/02/scheduling-a-workflow-on-several-list-items.aspx

You can use an InfoPath repeating table's values in the Plan Per Slot (No Destinations) configuration so that it creates an activity instance for each of the repeating nodes. Then in your activity create a SharePoint List Item event to create a new item for each one picked up, looking at the InstanceData that was passed in when the activity destinations were planned.

Let me know if you could get it to work.

Regards,

I was able to get it to work. It returns the data from the repeating table an places in an email. However, it still is a string of data and not multiple lines like required to update the list. If there were a way to put a line break as a seperator that would work but Im not seeing how to accomplish that.

I can post the data through the Smartobject but it still creates a singe concatanated string.