Skip to main content

Hi,

I already know that if i'm using InfoPath Calrification Wizard in K2 BlackPearl to publish and infopath form into a Form Library in SharePoint, I don't need to use the "Publish" feature inside InfoPath.

The Problem is that when i need to create a new SharePoint View, in the "Filter" DropDown i don't find the Fields created and added to the InfoPath File.

But if i use the Publish Feature in InfoPath they will appear.

Please i need to know how i can find those fields because i need to filter a view according to a Folio or any other variable in the InfoPath Form.

Thanks

I assume you meant the InfoPath Client Event wizard.  Basically are you saying that you have promoted fields on your InfoPath form?  If so, yes that is an issue.  Basically if you have an InfoPath form with promoted fields that you want to see in the form library, if you rely on K2 to publish your form, those fields will not be created. 

To get around this, just publish the form from InfoPath one time manually.  From there on, the promoted fields will remain on the form library and you can allow K2 to continue publish the InfoPath form.  If for some reason you want to add or remove a promoted field, you will again need to manually publish the form to update the form library.

Jason

Another alternative solution...

Have the forms library where the created client form with whatever coloumns you want, and from the K2 process, right after the infoPath client event is cereate fire another activity with a sharepoint list item event to set those coloumns values.

Yes - that would be an option however it does not recreate the expected functionality around using promoted fields in InfoPath.  A promoted field in InfoPath will update the list with the latest and greatest value whenever the form is saved.

Yes, populating the fields out of the values in the infoPath form will require publishing the form directly to form library.