Skip to main content

Hi all - I am very new to K2 Blackpearl so apologies if this is a stupid question!

I was wondering whether it is possible to have an infoPath event that does not have a task action field ? The reason why I'm asking is because I simply want that event to collect data and submit into a smart object. The next event will then be an approval of this (which is another view in the same infopath form and will then have a task action field)

You cannot configure a infopath client event without a task action. For your scenario, you could just configure a single task action(ex: submit) and not bind it dropdown to make it look like a formal submission.

Good news, it can be done!  I am assuming that the step in question is in a InfoPath client event.  Here are the steps:

• Open InfoPath in design mode from the K2 InfoPath Integration wizard
  • In the Data Source task pane, add a new string element to contain the action for this step 
  • Give the element a default value of the action you want to take when the user submits (this must exactly match one of the actions in your client event)
  • Close your form and save changes
  • When you're going through the InfoPath client event wizard, specify this newly created field as the task action field
  • Answer no when it asks if you want it to create a control for the field.

When the user submits the form the action you used for the default value of this field will be used to action the task.

David