Skip to main content

I've done both of the the tutorials (InfoPath Integration and Sharpoint WorkFlow integration) from the Blackpearl 101 cd successfully but my needs are kind of a hybrid of the two.  Whenever I try to use both, I get tasks generated in an infinite loop.

With the IP way, I get tasks to show up in the workspace but not in a specified task list.  It seems to store the task in the form library, but only so long as the task is "in progress".  This is not what I'm used to with WF.  I want to publish to a form Library to store the original view, and then a task list to store the tasks.  And I have no idea what happened to the original.

So I tried the SharePoint WorkFlow integration, which pretty much works the way I want as far as where things are stored and the general flow, but I need to do it with a InfoPath form.  When I put InfoPath Client events in place of Sharepoint Workflow Integration Client events, that's where I run into the infinite loop.

I realize what is happening - the IP form integration adds the task to the form lib based on the IP client event when I submit the first form.  Then the SP Integration starts a new workflow for the new item, which then adds a new task and then loops - so I must just have the whole thing set up fundamentally wrong but I can't figure out the correct setup to get WF integration to my IP forms.

Can any point me to way to integrate both into a From Libray / Task list scenario?

Hi Scott,

I think I had the same issue as well when I tried to do some prototyping by binding both InfoPath process wizards and SharePoint Process event wizards to the same process

The IP forms add a task form the form lib and this causes the create event to trigger again and another process instance to create.

From what I recall, the workaround we did was to split it into two different form libraries.  So the initial flow would trigger the process to start via the SharePoint event wizard and it would then copy the document to another duplicate form library.  From the 2nd form library, you can then create your client task forms without issues.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Cheers,

Johnny