Skip to main content

Hi, 

I have a problem occurring with one of our clients. We have an infoPath Form digitally signed with a certificate issues from InfoPath.

We are using the InfoPath integration wizzard for integrate InfoPath with the K2 Workflow. Once we deploy the workflow and InfoPath document lose the certificate.

How can i solve this problem? 

Thanks 

Hi,

What version of K2 blackpearl are you running on?

How can i know which version of K2 BlackPearl i'm using ? 

I don't think it matters what version of blackpearl you have. The digital certificate will be lost every time the project is deployed.

What I do is open the InfoPath template from SharePoint and sign it after deployment. Or you can do it from Visual Studio, which is easier if you have managed code.

Beth

Go to add remove programes, and check the show updates check box....you should now see the full version you are running.

vernon

I have a customer that was able to get this to work.

However, they had to take the infopath form out of the workflow.  What they did was use the form to launch the workflow and capture all of the data.  In their case, they also did the "non" signature approval process with the form.

Once the form was ready to be singed, they saved it to a SharePoint Library.  The then routed a work item to the user using the K2 Workflow Webparts (you could also use a an ASPX page) the SharePoint Webpart page showed this document in a webpart on the screen.  Since the InfoPath form is no longer part of the workflow you can now sign it. 

The problem with the way the Worfkow Schedule works (In SharePoint and also in the K2 Event) is that it trims WhiteSpace in the form.  B/c the white space is trimmed, this impacts parts of the form that were signed and makes the signature invalid.  The customer actually read that that this was a part of the Workflow Schedule used in SharePoint.  The Collect Feedback and Collect Signature OOTB workflows also don't work with InfoPath b/c of this.

HTH,

Rob