Skip to main content
I have noticed that if a SharePoint Task List Item is created for an InfoPath Client event, and the current destination user (User A) is escalated the task item for User A is not removed from SharePoint. So now there will be two task items in SharePoint for User A and for now User B (who is the new current destination user). Do need to manually remove the SharePoint task item for User A when escalation is fired?

Thanks,
Jason
How do you redirect the item to User B?

For informational purposes:
The redirect functionality is part of the worklist object whereas the cleanup code for worklist items is done in the succeeding rule of the Activity. Now, because the succeeding rule has not yet executed by the time you redirect the item, the cleanup procedure will only take effect AFTER the worklist item has been completed.

Hope this makes sense,
Ockert
I am not referring to the redirect functionality. User A is the current destination user for an activity instance. For User A, a SharePoint Task Item is created via the InfoPath Client event. User A does not take action and escalation is raised. The activity instance is now assigned to User B. We set User B as the new destination user in the EscalationAction via the EscalationActionContext object. Subsequently a new task item is created in SharePoint but the old task item for User A is not removed. We have noticed that these SharePoint task list items remain in SharePoint after the Activity instance has completed.
Looks like there is some code in succeeding rule that I may be able to use.