Skip to main content

Hi,

I am developing an application to have workflows in K2, front end in Infopath and hosting on sharepoint.

In Infopath client event, there is no option to setup Destination users for an activity. Could someone please help?

Any document/link in this regard is highly appriciated.

Best regards,

Sambhaji

This white-paper should help. May be more than you wanted to know about this subject.

http://help.k2.com/en/AdvancedDestinations_Whitepaper.aspx

In short, to test you can set the Destination User by clicking the wizard for the Activity (not the event) and then clicking on the "Destination Rule" icon (group of people). Choose "Plan per destination - All at once". Click Next. Use one slot for the destination. Click Next. On the "Destination Set" screen you should be able to "Edit" the Default set. This is where you can set the user that will ultimately be used for the Client Event.

Clint

Hi Clint

Many thanks for the reply!

In case of normal activity it shows me the destination users, but when I select Infopath activity, it is not showing me that option. 

There is no option(no icon on the wizard)  to set destination users here.. Please help me!

Thanks,

Sambhaji

Hi Sambhaji,

W.r.t what Clint is saying I think the distinction between an actvity and event needs to be made here.  You although you drop an Infopath event on to the canvas and it creates the event in a activity, this activity is essentially the same as any other activity which hosts any other type of event.  Thus after the wizard of the Infopath client EVENT has finished, you may still run through the ACTIVITY'S destination rule wizard, where you'll be able to specify destination users.

Having said that which version of the product are you using, cause if I rember correctly you should see the Destination User panel after the Configure Outcomes panel in the Infopath Client event.

Regards,

Frikkie

Thanks for the further clarification Frikkie! That's exactly what I was trying to convey.

Clint